Terms & Conditions
Incudes Studio Hire Information
We would like to welcome you to the dance classes for children, teenagers and adults held at Dance Crazy. Below you will find information about the classes that we hold.
Class times will be displayed on social media, our website, notice boards and tv screens in the reception area of our Llantwit Fardre studios. You will also find news of UKA examinations and competitions that pupils may take part in. You will be notified if/when we feel you/your child is ready for a competition/examination. If you are interested, please let us know.
Find us on Facebook and Instagram to keep yourself up to date with our news.
Suitable clothing should be worn for your lesson. After your first term, all children must wear a studio branded T-shirt or dress which can be purchased directly from us and viewed at our merchandise shop in the Llantwit Fardre studio. Children’s ballroom and Latin classes require the correct shoes, please ask a member of staff for details.
Adult Dance Shoes
Adult pupils who would like advice on dancing shoes should also speak to their teacher who will advise.
We reserve the right to change teachers at short notice as and when necessary, or to cancel any course due to insufficient demand. In this case a full refund will be given.
If a class needs to be cancelled for team competitions or any other reasons beyond our control then an alternative date will be given to attend another class. This may include attending another venue so that your child does not miss their class.
Loss or Damage
All valuables will be the responsibility of the student. Dance Crazy will not be liable for any loss or damage.
We offer a variety of payment methods, cash, bank transfer or card payments. All classes with Dance Crazy are 4 weekly sign up. We offer our first class is free and on returning the second week the remaining weeks of the 4 weekly are payable in one block.
- All fees are payable in advance
- You will be automatically be rebooked onto your class for the next 4 weeks unless we are informed otherwise before the end of the current term
- We accept new students throughout the term
- Fees are non-refundable under any circumstances. No refunds will be made for missed classes
Child Protection & Equal Opportunities
It is the policy of Dance Crazy, wherever reasonably practical, to safeguard its members from physical, sexual and emotional harm while participating in Dance activities. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that, through relevant procedures and training; children do so in a safe environment. To protect the well being of children in our care, we would ask you to be fully aware of the following points:
- We respectfully request that parents or guardians be responsible for escorting young persons under the age of 18 to and from the venue and are punctual on collecting
- That parents or guardians of children under the age of 12 years should remain in the waiting areas while classes are in progress. Failing this, staff are made aware of any absence on the part of the parents or guardians. We expect that students aged 12+ attending classes will leave the class unaccompanied, no longer becoming the responsibility of the teacher in charge, unless we are notified otherwise
- Dance Crazy staff are not to be considered in ‘loco parentis’ outside the studios of tuition. Dance Crazy’s duty of care for a student is during stated class times only and then only to negligence. This is on the condition that they adhere to the rules of behavior and conduct given by the teacher. Supervision outside of class/performance times is not the responsibility of Dance Crazy
- Parents and guardians should be aware that the styles of dance taught at Dance Crazy necessitate physical contact between teacher and pupil, and I hereby consent to physical correction. If this is not acceptable, then the teacher must be notified in writing
- Where personal tuition is given, parents or guardians are advised to remain in the waiting areas throughout the lesson
Code of Practice & Equal Opportunities
- All staff and volunteers within the school are vetted and have been checked through the Disclosure barring service (DBS).
- The staff at Dance Crazy do not discriminate and offers equal opportunities to all pupils.
- The staff hold qualifications relevant to the training they undertake with pupils and are covered by full Public Liability Insurance.
- We undertake to ensure that outside halls used for tuition are safe to use and suitable for the teaching of dancing.
- In the event of illness of pupils under the age of sixteen, prescribed medicines will only be given where permission has been given by the parent/carer.
- In the event of an accident in class, first aid will be given and medical assistance sought in cases where it is reasonably deemed necessary unless we are informed in writing otherwise.
- Parents of guardians who will not be present during classes should make full contact details available.
- Details of any accident will be noted in the accident book.
- It's your responsibility to inform us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Dance Crazy Studios, Unit 10A, Newtown Industrial Estate CF38 2EE if:
- You/your child has any medical conditions and/or allergies, special needs or learning disabilities which could affect them during class
- You/your child has any injuries which could affect them during class. Agreeing to attend a class is a declaration of your fitness
- Of any changes to you/your child’s circumstances e.g. address, contact details, medical conditions etc
- All students are expected to conduct themselves sensibly during all classes/sessions. Showing self-discipline and respect towards others always.
- No mobile phones are to be used in class.
- When using social media all students are expected to conduct themselves appropriately and sensibly with polit etiquette. Students should ensure they uphold the reputation of Dance Crazy. Inappropriate use of social media in association with Dance Crazy may jeopardise your place.
Cancellation (Teachers / Private Lessons)
Teachers are self employed and rely on providing teaching services as their income. Short notice cancellations may result in loss of income if the teaching time slot cannot be filled by a substitute lesson of equal income, as well as incur a floor use payment.
To protect teachers livelihood, the following policy is in place:
- Less 7 days notice 50% of lesson fee is payable
- Less than 24 hours notice the full lesson fee is payable unless filled
- Teachers may also incur a floor use payment for less than 24 hours notice
- There are always exceptional circumstances which will be given due consideration case by case
- All hirers must provide in advance to Dance Crazy with their public liability insurance documents, plus all relevant certificates for their purpose of hiring the studios, and appoint a responsible adult (over 25 years old) for the hire period who must sign the Dance Crazy indemnity form.
- There is a 50% cancellation fee for bookings cancelled less than 28 days in advance and 100% if less than 7 days. All special request purchases/costs are non-refundable.
- One off booking must be paid for in full in advance. Repeat advance bookings will be invoiced monthly (normally end of calendar month). All invoices must be paid in full within 7 days of invoice otherwise hirers risk cancellation of future bookings. Minimum age for hirers is 25 years.
- The hirer must ensure the appointed responsible adult is present throughout the hire period and makes themselves familiar with Fire evacuation procedures and exits. Fire control locations, first aid points, first aiders, accident book and reporting , risk assessment and managing those with special needs e.g. disabled guests.
- Only the studio areas hired can be used. Entrance and exit routes will be advised prior to the hire. Charges may be levied if other areas are subsequently used/occupied.
- No sublet of the facilities is permitted by the hirer.
- Noise levels in all studios must be kept to a reasonable level. Any areas causing noise and disturbing other users will be advised to reduce their noise level by Dance Crazy staff. All users are asked to consider other users and local residents.
- Hirers must report any excessive marks they see on the studio floors/walls, or any other damage (e.g. equipment) at the beginning of their sessions otherwise they may be charged for the repair and/or cleaning costs. All items must be lifted across the dance floors ( not dragged) and for heavy items floor protectors put in place. Nothing should be attached to walls, doors or ceilings.
- Any additional equipment (e.g. chairs and tables) must be agreed at the time of booking. After this point it cannot be guaranteed to be available.
- Hirers must keep to within their allotted time slots and their allocated studio location(s) those who persistently fail to keep to their allotted times will be refused hire in the future. Hirers must ensure that they allow enough setup/warm up and break down/warm down time, cleaning, equipment removal etc in their booking. Overrun charges may apply.
- Parents and guardians are always responsible for the supervision, safety and behaviour of their children in their custody.
- Due to unforeseen circumstance or significant internal events, studio times and locations may be changed or cancelled by Dance Crazy. Where possible hirers will be given one months’ notice.
- All bookings are made at Dance Crazy via phone/email or to the online booking system. Bookings are only valid when confirmed in writing by Dance Crazy.
- Food and drink may be taken into the studios only by prior arrangement with Dance Crazy management. For hygiene purposes all food and drink and its containers must be removed from the premises at the end of the hire.
- Due to copyright laws and child protection, filming in the studios must be arranged at the time of booking as different terms and conditions apply.
- Hirers are responsible for ensuring the safety and maintenance of their own equipment. Electrical equipment must have a current PAT test certificate.
- Hirers are responsible for removal, and the responsible disposal from Dance Crazy site of all their waste, packaging and equipment by the end of the hire period. Disposal charges will apply for items left behind.
- The hired facility must be left in the same (better) condition as at the commencement of the hire. Any damage or defects should be reported to reception. Cleaning equipment is available on-site. Please consider the environment by switching off unused lights, heating, closing doors and windows as appropriate. All items must be returned to their original positions. All external hirers must make themselves familiar with the fire evacuation procedures. And must make sure attendees/class participants are briefed on their course of action in case of fire. Fire exits must always be kept clear. External hirers are advised not to exceed the recommended studio maximum capacity.
- Changing families are available on site and are used at own risk. If an activity/session involves participants who are under the age of 18, or classed as vulnerable adults, the external hirer is responsible for ensuring that the relevant DBS checks have been obtained.
- All external hirers are responsible for ensuring their sessions is run in line with current health and safety legislation and best practice guidelines. Risk assessments should be carried out in advance and submitted. Dance Crazy takes no responsibility for the content or health and safety of classes run by external hirers. First aid kit and accident book are located in reception.
- Information should be sought from those with relevant medical conditions to the activity undertaken and is the responsibility of the hirer to accommodate.
- Abusive, threatening, unruly, offensive, intimidating behaviour, profanity or similar, will result in immediate cancellation of any use of Dance Crazy facilities or provision of services, without refund or compensation.
- The whole facility is covered by 24/7 recording CCTV for safety and security purposes. Cameras must not be moved or obscured at any time.
- Dance Crazy does not accept responsibility for any losses or damage.
- To hire Dance Crazy all conditions of hire must be met.
In the event of a complaint against Dance Crazy, this should be made in writing to the main studios address: Dance Crazy Studios, Unit 10A, Newtown Industrial Estate, Llantwit Fardre CF38 2EE.